|Hi, friends! We’ve been busy busy here in the studio getting ready for the holidays. We hope you love our newest line of kitchen textiles, featuring Dala Horse, Bike and Rooster block prints in rich red, shiny gold and shimmery silver.
Shop small this holiday season and come see us on November 16 at Handmade with Love, on December 7 at Auntie Cathie’s Kitchen Holiday Shop and at the MAP Pop-Up Shop at Eastworks all through the month of December. Oh So Pretties (2341 Boston Rd, Wilbraham) and the Red Lion Inn Gift Shop (30 Main St, Stockbridge) carry Anselblue stock and our Etsy shop is always open!
From special edition stocking stuffers to gift certificates, we’ve got the perfect present for you!
Anselblue’s Top 10 hilarious GIFs for weary craft show road warriors and Etsy shopkeeps.
1. When a customer starts a pile of things they want to buy at a pop-up shop.
2. When a customer says they’ll “come back later and get it” after you tell them the item will sell out.
3. Saying goodbye to my cat before leaving for a weekend-long show.
4. Gluing my fingers together with superglue…yet again.
4. General reaction when anything really great happens around here.
5. General reaction when anything really ridiculous happens around here.
6. Figuring out pricing for retail.
7. When someone doesn’t ask before they take pictures of the things I make.
8. When a buyer for a hip shop asks if I would ever consider doing wholesale.
9. When a person rearranges merchandise and then tells me it looks much better.
10. When an item I made shows up on Pinterest and a million people love it, too.
August’s favorite thing is roosters! A customer at the Greenfield Farmers Market and I got to talking about trends and how Portlandia inadvertently changed the handmade market game with their “Put a bird on it!” sketch. He said that he still really liked birds and I said that roosters will always be a kitchen favorite. Here’s some curated rooster favorites and you can find all of them on the studio’s Pinterest boards.
Which do you like best?
I’m no stranger to working more than I should. It does me no good, usually making me feel overwhelmed and tired. Oh, and that’s also the time when my worst critic arrives…myself, asking the tough questions and being flat-out mean. This week, I really had to step back and remind myself that the negatives, the what-ifs and the general crumby comments should be left at the door. What do you do to be kind to yourself?
July’s favorite thing is the my tiny porch makeover. I found inspiration from the studio’s Pinterest boards. Jake has already picked it as his new hang-out spot and there’s so much natural light for great photography. We love it!
Did you see the before photos? Yikes!
Here’s a look at our Summer 2013 hand-printed kitchen textiles. Primary reds and blues, soft linen and denim, and the ever popular citrus slice print. They are available in the studio Etsy shop or you can visit our pop-up shop this summer at Northampton Tuesday Market – July 16 and August 20; Greenfield Saturday Market – August 10; and Mattoon Street Arts Festival – Sept 7 & 8.
Take a silly picture with someone you love today.
It’ll make you feel great and every time you see it, you will remember that moment of happiness.